2023- 2024 Leadership Fairfield Online Application
Fairfield's Premier Networking and Professional Development Program
The 2023-2024 Leadership Fairfield class will begin September 5, 2023.
The Leadership Fairfield program includes eight monthly sessions each centered around a unique theme. Every session is different but includes expert presenters, panels of community leaders and behind-the-scene tours of Fairfield businesses and organizations. By the end of the program, each participant will not only have a well-rounded view of the various business sectors in Fairfield but also have personally connected and networked with Fairfield's top business and community leaders.
Is your business interested in serving on a panel or offering a tour? Contact the Chamber!
Submit applications to the Fairfield Area Chamber of Commerce by:
Contacting the Chamber at 641-472-2111 or by email at Info@FairfieldIowa.com
Here is what one of our recent graduates had to say about her experience:
I wanted to participate in the Fairfield Leadership Program because I was starting to gain more responsibilities in my position at work and I struggled with some of the social skills that it was going to take to perform the duties necessary to really excel in my position. I struggle with social anxiety, initiating conversations, presenting in front of others and I'm usually not a socially outgoing person. I am usually very introverted and prefer to stay in my bubble. I wanted to push myself to do something to change that, so that I could be more successful, both personally and professionally.
During the Leadership Program, I was encouraged to interact with new people, introduce myself and share about myself constantly. I was encouraged to participate in group activities, team building exercises, share my skills and support others. I learned leadership skills during group sessions, but also from others that we met during our interactions and tours. I went places that I never would have gone on my own but will go back to now because I know where to go or who to talk to. I learned so much, not just about leadership, but about the community. I also met so many new people, built new relationships and gained some new friends.
I've gotten so many compliments from people I work with, and who have watched me over the last 9 months, saying that they have seen how much I've grown since taking the Leadership Program. I've become more involved, not just within my organization, but also within the community. I highly recommend the Fairfield Chamber of Commerce Leadership Program to anyone who is looking to push themselves out of their comfort zone and into a brighter future!
Kayla Stanley, AERON Lifestyle Technology, 2022-2023 Leadership Fairfield Graduate
2023-2024 Schedule and Monthly Topics
- Opening Session: September
- City and County Government: October
- Health & Fitness: November
- Art and Culture: December
- Manufacturing: January
- Finance: February
- Agriculture: March
- Media & Marketing: April
- Graduation / Annual Awards Banquet: April 25th, 2024
Prosperous local economies don’t just happen; people must work to create them. This program will provide a “big picture” understanding of how that happens in Fairfield. Participants will receive practical leadership tips from established leaders in our community. It is easier to retain talent when employers are actively engaged in the larger community. It is always valuable to have employees with strong professional networks. During this program, participants will have multiple opportunities to grow their professional network.
Get your name here! Call 472-2111 to join this year's class!
- Solomon Davis - Fairfield Arts and Convention Center
- Adam Reese - MidWestOne Bank
- Kelly Prickett - Indian Hills Community College
- Josie Heilmann - Addington Place of Fairfield
- Aster Hesse – Maharishi International University
- Teresa Garmon – TrafFix Devices
- Kayla Stanley AERON Lifestyle
- Jeanne Skopin AERON Lifestyle
- Michelle Ward AERON Lifestyle
- Samantha Ellefson - Farm Bureau Financial Services
- Garrett Ikerd - Washington State Bank
- Matthew Rabbass - Agri-Industrial Plastics
- Corbin Settles - Agri-Industrial Plastics
- Cassie Schmidt - Iowa State Bank
- Margie Goehring - Ottumwa Radio Group
- Jeff Alexander - Jefferson County Realty
- Alyse Kreiss - Gamrath Doyle Insurance
- Jordan Scott - Fairfield Dental Clinic
- Rachel Hillier - Pathfinders
- Dane Kool - Weaton Companies
- Savannah Ledger - Cambridge Investment Research